28 July 2010

Stacey's Convention Color Challenge

so, this is my first color challenge.
kind of funny, since my 10 year old daughter Annie does them all the time.
rather an interesting process.  you HAVE to use the designated colors and besides that, anything goes.


what do you think? 
not my first choice of colors, which is what makes color challenges fun and exciting. 
here is what i came up with:


Used the new Elegant Lines Textured Impressions Folder on Baja Breeze,
added a strip of Melon Mambo, cut with the Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border.
ran my sewing machine up the middle of that strip.
dirtied up the Elegant Lines impression with some Choc Chip ink.
stamped the flower image from Friends Never Fade Stamp Set
using the Melon Mambo, Baja Breeze and Choc Chip markers added a strip of the 5/8" Organza Ribbon and mounted it all on Choc Chip first then adhered it to a 5.5 x 5.5" crumb cake card.
three little pearls in the top left corner, from the new Jewels in the 2010-2011 Idea Book and Catalog.



then inside i used another new stamp set, called Hello You that is part of a Simply Sent Set that you can purchase the stamps alone now.  what a nice idea.


enjoy.


4 comments:

  1. I haven't done the challenges, but I like what you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to find you through the SC follower forum! I'm now following you and loved looking at your creative projects. Too cute.

    You can follow me at
    http://www.dianesdesigns.blogspot.com

    I'll be back to browse more soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great take on the challenge, TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love the chocolate chip accent you added to the elegant lines embossing!
    i'm now following you through sc
    http://faithhopeandlovedesigns.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete